Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rice and Bean Roll-Ups

Oh Betty how I've missed you! I haven't checked her site recently, but when I did I found this wonder. With a few changes of course, it was ready to go.

Rice and Bean Roll-ups (6 servings at 4 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 medium roma (plum ) tomatoes, chopped
1 small bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 can (15 oz) black beans with cumin, undrained
6 tortillas
1 cup shredded lowfat or fat free Mexican cheese blend

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa in an ungreased baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.

2. Mix rice, tomatoes, bell pepper, and black beans. Spread some mixture on each tortilla; roll up tortilla. Spread seam side down on salsa in baking dish. Spoon remaining cup of salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.

3. Cover and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

This particular dish reminded the husband and myself quite a bit of enchiladas. The sauce was different of course, but still overall product was very similar. This was definitely right up my alley. They are messy, but still very tasty.

Note: When I calculated the points for this recipe, I used the Santa Fe one point tortillas. Also, I didn't have black beans with cumin, so instead I used a can of regular black beans (rinsed and drained) and about 1/4 tsp ground cumin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home