Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, November 20, 2006

Candied Sweet Potatoes

Every year some very good friends of mine throw a Thanksgiving party. I wanted to bring some sort of side dish this year, and decided to try out this sweet potato recipe.


Candied Sweet Potatoes (8 servings at 4 points a piece)

Ingredients:

4 large yams
1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
4 tbsp light butter
1/8 cup Splenda
2 cups Kraft Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows

Instructions:

Pierce sweet potatoes and place on waxed paper in microwave. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes, turn over and cook 5 minutes more.) Cool slightly. Peel and cut into large chunks. Spray 3 qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in casserole dish. Mix butter and sugars (cream together) and drop evenly over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle marshmallows over the dish. Cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven until marshmallows are golden brown.

The husband isn't a fan of sweet potatoes but I definitely am, and I thought these were pretty good for a low point side. I think I still prefer them more "whipped" than chunked, but that's just my personal preference. Also, if you are using large sweet potatoes, I would recommend cooking them in the microwave for a little more than 5 minutes on each side. I found that the middle pieces weren't quite as done as I would have liked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home