Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pumpkin Oatmeal Snack Cakes

Today I bring you a wonderful little snack cake. You can eat it for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. I've really been enjoying these for breakfast. They are very filling and help keep me satisfied until lunch :) The recipe calls for cornmeal and it turned out that I didn't have any, so I just used flour instead. They turned out just fine and I don't think it changed the texture or flavor at all.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Snack Cakes (6 servings at 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp cornmeal
1/2 cup skim milk
3/4 to 1 cup Splenda
2 Tbsp hot tap water
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
EDIT: 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all ingredients. Pour into 8x8 inch baking dish sprayed with non-fat cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is pumpkin in the ingredients?? Am I blind and just not seeing it?

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very interested in these but I think you forgot the measurements for the pumpkin...

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very interested in making these but I think you forgot to give the measurements for the pumpkin.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Sorry about that. In my morning stupor I absolutely forgot to list pumpkin. Silly me. 1/2 cup canned pumpkin is what you need :)

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    This looks really YUMMY~!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home