Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Birthday Cake and an Announcement

Today is my Birthday and last night the husband became very domestic. He made me a birthday cake using the diet coke cake recipe of course. He even decorated it all by himself. He actually made the little flowers. Just look how cute it is! Of course it tasted delicious too! And yeah I know I ate birthday cake a day early, but it was calling me ;)

Diet Coke Cake

1 box cake mix
1 can of diet soda
2 egg whites

Mix and bake according to the box directions. You can use this to make cupcakes, a sheet cake, or even a layer cake. You can mix and match different cake flavors and sodas too. I made my Halloween cupcakes using this recipe as well.

Now for my little announcement...

The local newspaper had an ad not too long ago calling for foodies. They wanted to create a panel of 10 people to try out different products and recipes, and then write articles about those items. The husband and I applied together and made it. We go this evening to get our pictures taken and find out a little more about what we will be doing. I'm excited!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!! and congrats on the cool sounding side job!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thank you thank you :)

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    Happy (late) Birthday!!!!!! Your cake looked WONDERFUL. Your hubby sounds like a real sweetheart!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home