Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, January 05, 2007

Southwestern Grilled Pork Tenderloin

At the local Super Wal-Mart they have a little bin full of free recipe cards, and occasionally while grocery shopping I will check it for any potentially tasty dishes. Last time I was shopping I found this recipe:

Southwestern Grilled Pork Tenderloin (4 servings at 4 points a piece)

Ingredients:

2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 3/4 lb pork tenderloin

Directions:

1. Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl. Rub over pork and chill 2 hours.

2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until thermometer registers 170 degrees F for well-done. Serve on tortillas with salsa and avocado, if desired.

I couldn't find a whole pork tenderloin, so I used tenderloin cutlets instead. This dish definitely had a little bit of a kick to it, but I really liked the taste of all the grilled spices. The husband liked the dish too, but it was a tad bit on the spicy side for him. But it would be easy to cut back on the spiciness a bit. I didn't serve the tenderloin with tortillas as suggested, but instead served it with some rice and steamed vegetables.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home