Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fruit Cheeseball

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season! I'm back after a little break and today I bring you a fruit cheeseball. The husband's sister fixed this while we were visiting, and the original recipe actually came from a cookbook put out by the husband's mother's church. The one posted here is a lightened version:

Fruit Cheeseball (12 servings at 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

2 8 oz packages of fat free cream cheese
1 small package of instant sugar free vanilla pudding
14-15 cherries (drained well & chopped)
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple (drained very well)
1/2 cup of coconut
Chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together well. May use red and green maraschino cherries at Christmas time for a festive cheeseball. Roll in chopped pecans and serve with cinnamon graham crackers.

I chose not to roll my cheeseball in chopped pecans. As a matter of fact, I didn't manage to roll it at all. I think I may not have drained the pineapples as well as they needed to be, so it didn't turn out as solid as hoped. So instead, I just put it in a pretty dish and it looked just fine. And I served it with the honey flavored graham sticks.

When calculating the points above I didn't add in the chopped pecans or graham sticks, so keep that in mind. I really like all of the flavors of this cheeseball, especially the coconut. It's not something you expect to find in a cheeseball. And this dish is super quick to fix, which makes it great for parties or potlucks :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    this sounds really good with the pudding,fruit and pecans!

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Hi Steph!

    Glad to see you back and posting!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hi Jen! I'm glad to be back :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home