Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, April 20, 2007

Grandma's Casserole

I was browsing Recipe Zaar for weight watchers recipes when I came across this one. I thought it sounded like something the husband and I would really enjoy.

Grandma's Casserole (8 servings at 6 points a serving)

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped onions
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tbsp reduced fat butter
16 oz ground turkey
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp pepper
12 oz tomato puree
15 oz diced tomatoes
2 cups water
8 oz uncooked egg noodles
8 oz shredded fat free cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Saute first 3 ingredients
2. Add next 6 ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes
3. Pour a little sauce in a 9x13 dish and top with the noodles
4. Cover noodles with remaining sauce and top off with the cheese
5. Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees

Because I was busy with dance rehearsals, the husband made this dish for us. It turned out well, but we definitely recommend adding a little more water to make sure that the noodles get done. Also, we'd recommend covering this dish while it bakes.

We really liked this recipe a lot, and it reminded me a bit of Hamburger Helper. It is definitely one of my favorite things that we have made recently.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home