Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, June 19, 2006

Upside Down Pizza Bake

I came across this recipe a while ago, but unfortunately I really don't remember where I found it. I was drawn to this recipe because I thought it sounded pretty neat, and also because the husband loves ANYTHING and EVERYTHING pizza.

Upside Down Pizza Bake (4 servings at 5 points each)

Ingredients

10 oz ground turkey
1/2 c onion
1/2 c flour
1 c tomato sauce
1/4 c green pepper; chopped
1/2 ts basil
1/2 ts oregano
3 oz nonfat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1 egg
1/2 c 1% low-fat milk
1/2 ts salt
1 tb parmesan cheese

Instructions

In skillet, saute onions in water. Add turkey and cook until tender. Sprinkle meat with 1 tbsp. flour, stir, and cook one minute. Add tomato sauce, bell pepper, and seasonings and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook 1 minute. Spray loaf pan with Pam and add turkey mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. In a small bowl beat egg, remaining 1/2 c. flour, milk and salt. Pour batter over turkey. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 25 minutes.

The night I made this we had one of the Husband's best friends over for dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, and the serving size was HUGE. The crust part had an interesting texture. At first I wasn't sure about it, but then I decided that I really like it. It didn't take long to put this together and I think this is something that kids would really like as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home