Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sunshine Rice

I served this as a side to the Citrus Dijon Salmon. I found this recipe on Spark, and thought it would go nicely with Salmon since both dishes were accented with orange juice.

Sunshine Rice (4 servings at 3 points a piece)

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray
1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
1 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash hot sauce
1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:

1. Heat cooking spray in medium saucepan. Add celery and onion, and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.

2. Add water, juices, and hot sauce, and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and bring back to a boil. Let stand covered until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.

3. Stir in almonds.

Of course I omitted the almonds when making the dish, but the point value listed above was calculated with the almonds included.

This rice was very tasty, and I really liked the citrus flavor. I thought it went very well with my salmon; and in fact, I think it would go just fine with most fish dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home