Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, February 09, 2007

Pineapple Corn Muffins

I came across this recipe on the WeightWatchers boards and couldn't pass it up. Cornmeal and pineapple is a very interesting combination, and not one I would have ever thought to put together.

Pineapple Corn Muffins (12 regular muffins at 2 points a piece or 24 mini-muffins at 1 point a piece)

Ingredients

2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 15 oz can crushed pineapple

Directions:

Mix the cornbread mix and crushed pineapple, juice and all, together in a medium bowl. Pour batter into a sprayed muffin tin, and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical of these. I really wasn't sure how they would turn out. When the husband and I tried them we were shocked. They were so good! The husband and I both like a sweeter cornbread, and these muffins are definitely sweet. We have been eating these with meals, for snacks, and even at breakfast.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the recipes! Thanks :) Question....do you only use the mix and not the egg and milk?

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You only use the mix and crushed pineapple. That's all you need. I pondered over that the first time I made these as well :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home