Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chicken N' Noodles

Here is another recipe I've been holding onto, just waiting for a good opportunity to try. I figured this would be great on a cold day, and yesterday was definitely cold ;)

Chicken N' Noodles (6 servings at 4 points)

Ingredients:

1 cup celery
1 cup carrots
2 tablespoons green onions
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 tsp bullion
8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
12 oz Reames Frozen Egg Noodles
4 cups of water

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in 5 quart crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.

I like crock pot dishes when I can just throw everything in and forget about it. However, with this dish I think it would be best to wait and add the noodles in a little later. Overall the soup was good, but the noodles came out a little mushy. Also, you definitely need to spice this dish up a bit with some salt and pepper. It was a little bland as prepared, but a little salt and pepper fixed things right up.

So while my first experience with this recipe wasn't perfect, with a few tweaks it has the potential to be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home