Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, January 22, 2007

Italian Tortellini Stew

With my weekends being consumed lately by rehearsals for an upcoming contemporary ballet that I am performing in, I have been keeping my eye out for quick-prep crockpot dishes. When I came across this one, I knew it would be perfect.

Italian Tortellini Stew (8 servings, 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
2 zucchini, sliced
32 0z of chicken broth
28 oz of crushed tomatoes
15 oz of Great Northern Beans
2 tbsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz of dry cheese tortellini

Directions:

Add all ingredients except for the tortellini to the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Turn crockpot on high and add tortellini. Cook for 20 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked.

This stew was delicious! Of course the tortellinis were the best part, at least that's what the husband said. This would be a great dish to make before work, church, or just a busy day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home