Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, February 12, 2007

Quick Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

With several rehearsals for my upcoming ballet keeping me busy, I've been trying to keep dinners as easy as possible. Yesterday the husband and I made these bbq sandwiches that I found in Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices cookbook. Along with a bag of steamed veggies that I threw in the microwave, we had a complete meal in a about 5 minutes.

Quick Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches (6 servings at 4 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 cup barbecue sauce
3 packages (2.5 ounces each) sliced smocked chicken, cut into 1-inch strips (3 cups)
6 hamburger buns, split

Directions:

Mix barbecue sauce and chicken in 2-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until hot. Fill buns with chicken mixture.

These sandwiches were great. It's funny how this dish can be so simple, and yet it's something I probably would never have thought to do. A nice addition to the dish, if you don't mind the extra points, would be to melt some cheddar cheese on top. It would really be a nice touch, and compliment the smoky barbecue flavor well.

If you need dinner STAT, I would definitely recommend these sandwiches. They are quick and delicious, and can't be beat :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home