Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, February 26, 2007

Bacon Melts

I love it when you can make something that is very point friendly, but looks absolutely horrible for you :) When Hungry Girl posted their version of a bacon melt recently, I was drooling instantaneously.

Bacon Melt (1 serving for 3 points)

Ingredients

2 slices light bread
2 slices Kraft Free Singles (or another light cheese)
2 strips extra lean turkey bacon
Cooking Spray or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Directions:

In a skillet sprayed with no-calorie cooking spray, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy and fully cooked. Evenly spritz butter spray or no-calorie cooking spray on 1 side of each slice of bread. Top the unsprayed side of 1 slice of bread with a slice of cheese. Place cooked bacon strips on top of the cheese, and cover with second slice of cheese. Next, top with the other bread slice (with the buttered side facing up). Place sandwich in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and cook over low to medium heat until bread is brown and toasty and cheese is nice and melty (about 1-2 minutes per side). Use a spatula to press down on sandwich while it cooks. Slice sandwich down the middle, diagonally, or just bite right into it (like I did, see picture!).

When I made these sandwiches, I used three slices of the pre-cooked bacon for 1.5 points. I also used only one slice of cheese instead of two, and I used the no-calorie cooking spray instead of the butter spray.

I have to say these sandwiches were fantastic! It's great to chomp right into something that you think would be absolutely horrible for you, but really is very point friendly. When I told the husband what I was making, I don't think he could believe his ears. He of course enjoyed these very much as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home