Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Steph's Turkey Meatloaf

Here is another Steph Smith original; it's a very healthy version of meatloaf. Honestly, I had never been a huge fan of meatloaf. Every time I had it it was made with ground beef, and always seemed dry and bland. Well one day a while back the husband mentioned to me that he'd like to have some meatloaf, so here is what I came up with:

Steph's Turkey Meatloaf (8 servings at 3 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
1/2 cup onion(s)
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3 clove garlic clove(s)
1/4 cup Egg Beaters Egg Substitute
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
8 oz canned tomato sauce
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix together onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, Egg Beaters, bread crumbs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add ground turkey and mix together thoroughly (I use my hands). Place in pan and cover with tomato sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I just love how flavorful this stuff is. The seasonings and tomato sauce really make the dish. When the husband realized I was making meatloaf last night, he was excited. He said that this meatloaf is high on his list of favorite things that I make :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home