Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, October 02, 2006

Steph's Chicken Veggie Rice Pot

Today's recipe is a Steph Smith original. I came up with this dish last winter, and the husband and I just love it. It has stew vegetables, chicken, and rice, and is a great cold weather dish. I love the taste, it reminds me of chicken stew without it really being a stew.


Steph's Chicken Veggie Rice Pot (8 servings at 5 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery,chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 lb diced uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 cup uncooked white rice
Chicken Bouillon to taste (I used about 1/2 a tablespoon)
Chicken Seasoning to taste (I used about 3 tsps)
Poultry Seasoning to taste (I used about 3 tsps)
pepper to taste

Instructions

Slice veggies and add to a pot sprayed with fat free cooking spray. Brown veggies and season with poultry seasoning, chicken seasoning etc. Add broth and chicken. Bring to a boil until chicken has been cooked. Add rice. While the rice is cooking, add powder chicken bouillon, and
more chicken seasoning. The dish is finished once rice is fluffy and the broth is gone.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This looks pretty good. This is almost a paella.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home