Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, June 23, 2006

Peanut Butter Cookie Trials and Tribulations

I found a pretty neat sounding peanut butter cookie recipe on the weight watchers boards the other day. It goes something like this.

Peanut Butter Cookies (28 servings at 1 point a serving)

3/4 peanut butter
1 14 oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk
2 cups reduce fat bisquick
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar (or splenda)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla extract, mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar (or Splenda). Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with fork, criss-cross. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not over bake. Allow to cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool. A serving is 1 cookie.

I liked how few ingredients the recipe called for, and the fact that I already had all of the ingredients I needed. Of course whenever I cook or bake anything I want to make it husband friendly (a.k.a. lactose free), so in this recipe the condensed milk wasn't going to cut it.

I decided to try Lactaid milk instead. I think I used too much though, and had to add a lot more bisquick to the mix. This led to my cookies being kinda doughy, but they were still tasty none-the-less. But unfortunately, they only lasted about a day, because they got kinda gooey on the bottom. I'm not really sure what happened there.

Since the first attempt didn't turn out as well as expected, I decided to have another go at it. My next go around I used less milk (only 1/4 cup this time), which helped the doughy-ness, but this time the cookies ended up a little hard and pretty crumbly. So with two failed attempts, I think I'm giving up on this recipe. I think I'll keep searching for a different peanut butter cookie recipe instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home