Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, June 18, 2007

Goat Cheese Salmon

I have been looking around for some new salmon recipes for a while with no such luck. Recently I came across this very interesting recipe at allrecipes. The husband and I tried goat cheese for the first time a while ago and were excited for another chance to cook with it.

Goat Cheese Salmon (4 servings at 6 points a piece)

Ingredients:

4 salmon fillets
1/2 cup herbed goat cheese
1/4 cup prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking dish.

2. Arrange the salmon fillets in the baking dish. Make small incisions in each fillet, and stuff with equal amounts of the herbed goat cheese. Spread equal amounts prepared Dijon mustard mayonnaise blend over each fillet. Season with salt and pepper.

3.
Bake salmon 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until easily flaked with a fork.

When I made this dish I mixed 2 tbsp of each the Dijon mustard and fat-free mayonnaise together. I didn't spread the mixture on the salmon very heavily and had plenty to go around. The husband and I were big fans of this dish. We loved the mustardy/mayo mix with the goat cheese. The husband liked this one so much he has already asked me to make it again ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home